|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
TTCは地下鉄駅の「ノータップ」ゲートを段階的に廃止し始めている。その理由は、この方法で不法に入場する顧客が交通機関に年間2,000万ドル以上の損害を与えているためである、と当局者は言う。

The TTC is starting to phase out "no tap" gates at subway stations because customers gaining entry this way illegitimately is costing the transit agency more than $20 million a year, an official says.
TTCは地下鉄駅の「ノータップ」ゲートを段階的に廃止し始めている。その理由は、この方法で不法に入場する顧客が交通機関に年間2,000万ドル以上の損害を与えているためである、と当局者は言う。
The no-tap gates, which are monitored by collectors, automatically open when customers approach them at subway stations. Customers who use these gates legitimately are those who do not need to pay, such as children under 12, people with a support person assistance card, and those with a paper transfer. People also use these gates when paying with cash, a TTC ticket or a token.
ノータップゲートはコレクターが監視しており、地下鉄の駅で客が近づくと自動的に開く。これらのゲートを合法的に使用する顧客は、12 歳未満の子供、サポート担当者アシスタンス カードを持つ人々、紙による送金を行う人々など、料金を支払う必要のない人々です。人々は、現金、TTC チケット、またはトークンで支払うときにもこれらのゲートを使用します。
But some customers are able to use the no-tap gates to enter subway stations without paying when they should be paying, TTC spokesperson Stuart Green said.
しかし、TTCの広報担当者スチュアート・グリーン氏によると、一部の顧客は料金を支払わなければならないのに、ノータップゲートを利用して地下鉄の駅に入場することができているという。
"People are just walking right through them without paying when they should be paying," he said.
「人々はお金を払わなければならないのに、払わずにただ通り過ぎているだけだ」と彼は言う。
Now, collectors will open the fare gates manually for people who need to gain entry this way on Line 4, the TTC said in a post on X, formerly Twitter.
今後、4号線でこの方法で入場する必要がある人々のために、コレクターは手動で改札を開くことになる、とTTCはX(以前はTwitter)への投稿で述べた。
During the first step to the phase out, all other fare gates on Line 4 will be switched to "tap only" mode, the TTC said on its website.
TTCはウェブサイトで、段階的廃止への最初の段階では、4号線の他のすべての改札が「タップのみ」モードに切り替わると述べた。
The phasing out of no-tap gates across the entire subway system could take a year or two, Green said.
グリーン氏は、地下鉄全体でノータップゲートを段階的に廃止するには1~2年かかる可能性があると述べた。
The TTC is undergoing a "culture change" where fare evasion will not be tolerated, he added. Full and partial evasion, through a myriad of ways, is costing the TTC roughly $140 million a year.
TTCは運賃回避が容認されない「文化変革」を迎えていると同氏は付け加えた。無数の方法による完全および部分的回避により、TTC は年間約 1 億 4,000 万ドルの損失を被っています。
"Those days are gone at the TTC," Green said. "We can't take this lightly any more."
「TTCではそんな日々はもう終わりました」とグリーン氏は語った。 「これ以上、これを軽視することはできません。」
Affordability could be an issue, customer says
手頃な価格が問題になる可能性があるとお客様は言う
One TTC customer, who spoke to CBC Toronto at Don Mills subway station, said she supports the phase-out if people who can afford to pay fare are using the no-tap gates to skip out on fares.
ドン・ミルズ地下鉄駅でCBCトロントの取材に応じたあるTTC顧客は、運賃を支払う余裕がある人々がノータップ・ゲートを利用して運賃を節約するのであれば、段階的廃止を支持すると述べた。
However, affordability could be an issue for some people, Maryam Ibrahimi said.
しかし、一部の人にとっては手頃な価格が問題になる可能性があるとマリアム・イブラヒミ氏は語った。
"If it's people who can't afford it, then maybe we should look at the affordability prices. But if it's people just trying to take advantage of the system, obviously, I think it's a good idea," she said.
「それを買う余裕がない人々であれば、手頃な価格を検討すべきかもしれません。しかし、単にシステムを利用しようとしている人々であれば、明らかにそれは良い考えだと思います」と彼女は言った。
On its website, the transit agency said fare evasion is considered illegal and could result in a $425 fine.
同交通機関はウェブサイトで、運賃回避は違法とみなされ、425ドルの罰金が科せられる可能性があると述べた。
"The fares we collect help us limit fare increases, deliver service and maintain and our system. When you don't pay your fare, you impact our ability to do this," the TTC said.
「私たちが徴収した運賃は、運賃の値上げを制限し、サービスを提供し、システムを維持するのに役立ちます。運賃を支払わないと、私たちのこれを行う能力に影響を与えます」とTTCは述べた。
According to the TTC, fare evasion can be any of the following actions:
TTC によると、運賃回避には次の行為が該当します。
The move to phase out no-tap gates comes days after the TTC announced an interim CEO.
ノータップゲートを段階的に廃止する動きは、TTCが暫定CEOを発表した数日後に行われた。
TTC board chair Jamaal Myers said last week that Greg Percy will take over from Bruce Macgregor, who was named acting CEO after Rick Leary resigned on Aug. 30.
TTC取締役会長のジャマール・マイヤーズ氏は先週、リック・リアリー氏が8月30日に辞任した後にCEO代理に任命されたブルース・マクレガー氏の後をグレッグ・パーシー氏が引き継ぐと発表した。
Percy, when speaking to reporters on Friday, said his top priorities are safety and customer experience. Meanwhile, the search for a permanent CEO continues.
パーシー氏は金曜日に記者団に対し、最優先事項は安全性と顧客体験だと述べた。一方で、常任CEO探しも続いている。
免責事項:info@kdj.com
提供される情報は取引に関するアドバイスではありません。 kdj.com は、この記事で提供される情報に基づいて行われた投資に対して一切の責任を負いません。暗号通貨は変動性が高いため、十分な調査を行った上で慎重に投資することを強くお勧めします。
このウェブサイトで使用されているコンテンツが著作権を侵害していると思われる場合は、直ちに当社 (info@kdj.com) までご連絡ください。速やかに削除させていただきます。

































